Working With Influencer Communities to Build Your Brand – Ep 61
In this episode, we focus on working with influencer communities to build your brand by using collaborations, workshops, Facebook Live and even your own platforms.
Back in Episode 19, we went into depth about How to Build Your Community Using Joint Venture Partnerships. We recommend that you listen to that episode as a companion to this one.
Building Community Collaborations
- Lee Odden from TopRank Marketing often works with trade shows and associations to create ebooks for download before a conference. He collaborates with tradeshow attendees who download the ebooks and share it with their companies and friends. He also creates lists every year, starting with the list 25 Women That Rock Social Media. Every year, he asks those featured for their recommendations for the next list. He has done this very successfully for a number of years.
- The #SocialROI Chat Madalyn hosts each week is presented by ManageFlitter. They’ve created an ebook based on the Twitter Chat. They collaborated with 25 social media and digital marketing experts to cover 25 topics.
Using Webinars to Activate an Influencer’s Community
- Work with an influencer to create a content-rich webinar for a win-win. This works well for affiliate partnerships.
- For Madalyn’s Video Like A Rockstar mastermind program she is doing webinars to promote it. A great way to do this is to connect with influencers and invite them to be a guest on your webinar. You can also have them as an affiliate too.
Using Facebook Live to Build Community
- Kami uses this every month for Social Media Breakfast and it builds a community beyond the live event. Facebook Live allows more people to attend online than at the live event.
- Madalyn hosts Facebook Live sessions after her TwitterSmarter Chat and Social ROI every week. It’s a great way of opening it up to a wider audience and bringing communities together.
- Social Media Examiner does a weekly talk show through lilive streamThrough the talk show and podcasts, they highlight thought leaders and guests who usually become speakers for their annual conference, SMMW. They provide speakers with a link for the conference to track who they bring along.
Inviting Influencers to Appear On Your Platform
- Invite people that have communities that match your potential customers to appear on your podcast or YouTube channel and they might share it with their audience as well. Plus, you get some social proof from it as well.
- Here’s are a few of the people who have appeared on the Communities That Convert podcast:
- Kirsten Oliphant, Create IF Writing, Creative Collaborations How to Form Lasting and Lucrative Partnerships
- Elisa Camahort Page, How I Built That and BlogHer, Inside the Career of a Master Online Community Builder
- Mikael Yang, ManyChat, Build a Facebook Messenger Bot with ManyChat
- Tim Fargo, Social Jukebox How to Promote Your Evergreen Content
- Sunny Lenarduzzi, YouTube Expert, How to Build a Converting Community on YouTube
- Sue B Zimmerman, Instagram expert, How to Build a Converting Community on Instagram
- Gini Dietrich, Spin Sucks, How to Build a Converting Community Using Content
- Dorie Clark, Speaker, Author, and Marketing Consultant, Leveraging Community to Build Income Streams
- Adel de Meyer, Twitter Expert, How to Build a Converting Community on Twitter
- Zach Spuckler, Heart Soul and Hustle and Marketing Expert, How to Build a Converting Community on Facebook
Tools, apps and links mentioned:
Make a dream list of ten people who you would love to collaborate with. Of these people, five should be at or about your level and five should be above your level. Come visit us in the Facebook group and share your list with us.
How to reach Kami:
If you’d like to learn more about Kami Huyse, visit her website at www.zoeticamedia.com. You can contact her by email at email@example.com or tweet to @kamichat.
How to reach Madalyn:
If you’d like to learn more about Madalyn Sklar, visit her website at www.madalynsklar.com. You can contact her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet to @MadalynSklar.
Join Our Community
We have a new community on Facebook. We will extend the conversation from each episode and deliver bonus content. Sign up for our email list at http://bit.ly/CTCVIP to get an invitation to join or just click the “Join Our Free Community” below to head straight to Facebook (shhh. The codeword is ACTION)!