How to Get Things Done Faster – Ep 123
It’s hard to keep up and there's never enough time, but never fear, we have a plan to get you out of Stuckville and get everything done faster.
- Get everything in one place
- Set the stage for the next day
- Use the Chrome extension, OneTab to set up your morning workflow
- Use sticky notes to make a short to-do list of high priority tasks
- Keep your task management system updated
- Choose just three things to focus on accomplishing quarterly, monthly, weekly and daily
- Focus on what’s going to move your business forward
Get a System in Place
- One size does not fit all
- Create repeatable templates for a common series of tasks
- Make a list of the things you do over and over again
- Use your list every time to make the process more efficient
- Refer to your list to determine how others can help you
- Determine your best times of days to get work done
- Through the seasons of life, your most productive time of day may change
- You may be more tuned in to focus work or collaborative work at different times of the day
- Plan for your social media interaction time in your schedule
- Your brain needs time to get refreshed so that you can be more productive and avoid decision fatigue, so take planned breaks
- Use a time tracking tool like Toggl to track the time you’re spending on tasks
- After you’ve determined how you’re spending time, decide if it makes sense to spend $5-$20 to have these tasks done by someone else
- Search for someone that can help you on freelance websites like Upwork or hire a local student or intern
- Ask for volunteers to help you
- Call in a lifeline and get an accountability partner to help stay on track and focused on your goals
Want the detailed insider info and our best tips and tricks? Be sure to listen to the full episode!
Tools and Links Mentioned:
- Todd Herman, 90 Day year
- Full Focus Planner
- Free to Focus Book, Michael Hyatt
- Pomodoro technique
- The Power of Volunteering to Build Your Personal Brand – Ep 96
- How to Start a Volunteer Program for Your Online Community – Ep 97
- Communities That Convert Facebook Group
Choose 3 things you wish to accomplish to help you get organized. Go to our Facebook group and comment on the post about this episode. We will give away a FREE copy of the Full Focus Planner by Michael Hyatt (a $40 value). The secret word to get in is ACTION
Join Our Community
Come join our community on Facebook where we extend the conversation from each episode and deliver bonus content.
(shhh. The codeword is ACTION)!
How to reach Kami:
If you’d like to learn more about Kami Huyse, visit her website at www.zoeticamedia.com. You can contact her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet to @kamichat.
How to reach Madalyn:
If you’d like to learn more about Madalyn Sklar, visit her website at www.madalynsklar.com. You can contact her by email at email@example.com or tweet to @MadalynSklar.