7 Strategies to Inspire Word of Mouth Marketing – Ep 60
We are sharing seven of our best strategies to inspire word of mouth marketing from your community. Getting your community to spread the word is one of the best ways to get a steady stream of customers and save money.
Here are 7 Strategies to Inspire Word of Mouth Marketing
- Put the interests of the community first before your own
Create helpful and shareable content that really addresses the needs and pain points of your community. Don’t just blast messages without that consideration.
- Acknowledge your active fans
If someone comments or interacts with your content, be sure to acknowledge them. If they're a happy customer who loves your content, ask for a testimonial. Refer back to Episode 48 for more information on how to get testimonials from your audience and community.
- Feature your community in your content
One of our most popular episodes was about #VideoReplyDay, because the community behind the hashtag got excited and shared it. This is a great way to bring the community together and have them spread the word.
- Always have a call to action in your content
If you don't ask people to do something, they won't do it. That asks people to take some kind of action. (ask a question, join a group, download a resource, etc).
- Ask your community to like, comment and share your posts on social media
When you're doing live events, the share button is a great way to spread the word and you'll get an awesome snowball effect when your audience uses it. Ask people to share and invite friends if they find your content to be valuable and often they will do it.
- Create an affiliate program for superfans of your product
This goes beyond the influencer idea and more into your customer fan base. We know lots of companies that have used this with great success.
- Create a sharable experience for your community
Differentiate with shareable experiences like a live gathering, an online event, a video or other content that features them.
Bonus Tips From Our Fans
- Tip from Stacey DePolo: Ask nicely and share a reason why you're asking to spread the word (launches, mentions, asking for community input, fundraising, etc).
- Tip from Simon Zaku: The strategy I use is I always mention influencers in my content. Then I reach out to them, telling them about the mention. Most times they tweet it, exposing my content to thousands.
Tools, apps and links mentioned:
How to reach Kami:
How to reach Madalyn:
Join Our Community
We have a new community on Facebook. We will extend the conversation from each episode and deliver bonus content. Sign up for our email list at http://bit.ly/CTCVIP to get an invitation to join or just click the “Join Our Free Community” below to head straight to Facebook (shhh. The codeword is ACTION)!