Four Methods to Approach Social Media Influencers – Ep 62
Learn four tried and true methods to approach social media influencers. With these strategies, you can get their attention.
In Episode 61, Working With Influencer Communities to Build Your Brand, we talked about how you can leverage the audience of an influencer to build your brand. Be sure to listen to that episode as well to make the most of the connections with influencers that you make using these four methods.
Method 1: Join Influencer Community
- Many influencers have Facebook groups, both public and private. The private groups are a better way to get on the radar with influencers because there are fewer people and they are easier to approach in these groups.
- Interact within the group to let influencers know that you’re there and you care, especially during live video streams. Be front and center so you stand out and when you approach them, they’ll be more familiar. You’re more likely to get seen, be heard and have an opportunity to approach the influencer.
- If you have value to add to the conversation, speak up. It helps the influencer, but also helps the others in your community and makes you look like a leader within the community.
Method 2: Connect with Influencers and Be Helpful
- Check and see if you are connected through mutual friends on Facebook or LinkedIn. Do you see anyone you know connecting with the influencer you are interested?
- When approaching an influencer, come from a place of helpfulness. Volunteering and helping is the smartest tactic to get in front of people because it’s appreciated and people will remember you.
Method 3: Reach Out to Influencers Through Social Media
- Use Twitter to reach out to influencers. Madalyn shares how she reached influencers for her #TwitterSmarter podcast when it first launched in 2015.
- Right now, Instagram is a great way to reach out to influencers through comments on stories or direct messages. Many influencers have said they are still personally checking these, even if they have a team handle other channels.
Method 4: Ask Friends for Recommendations
- Ask friends which influencers they follow and listen to and then start showing up, using the steps above.
Tools, apps and links mentioned:
Take the dream list of ten people who you would love to collaborate with and use the techniques above to start reaching out to one or more of them. Come visit us in the Facebook group and share how it goes.
How to reach Kami:
How to reach Madalyn:
Join Our Community
We have a new community on Facebook. We will extend the conversation from each episode and deliver bonus content. Sign up for our email list at http://bit.ly/CTCVIP to get an invitation to join or just click the “Join Our Free Community” below to head straight to Facebook (shhh. The codeword is ACTION)!