Best Social Media Analysis Tools – Ep 57
Learn how to measure your success with some of our Best Social Media Analysis Tools. We discuss some of the tools we use and share insight into how we use them and what we measure with each of these social media analysis tools.
Listen to last week’s episode to learn the 4 Essential Community Engagement Metrics You Should Be Tracking – Ep 56
What is the Best Way to Measure Twitter?
- Log into Twitter on desktop, use the menu at the top right to access Analytics. Very quickly, you can see a 28 day summary of how many tweets, tweet impressions, profile visits, mentions and followers you’ve had. It’s important to do this once a month and draw a lot of helpful information.
- The most important number is your profile visits because this tells you how many people looked at your profile and how many times your profile was visited in a month. That tells you is what you’re doing is working. If you’re using video on Twitter, you can also get your video activity.
- Socialert, a paid service, can be used to collect the posts, users and reach impressions and use the metrics to see who the top influencers are, what country they’re in and a lot of other helpful information to measure your Twitter community.
What is the Best Way to Measure Facebook Groups?
- On desktop, Facebook Group Insights on the left side of the screen when you’re in your page. On mobile, Admin Insights are under the circles with the people in your group.
- Group Insights shows you the new members that have joined in the last 28 days, your posts, comments, reactions, percent of growth, total members, membership requests, top members, popular days and times and top group posts.
- Your metrics can be set to 7, 28 or 60 days so you can look at whatever range suits you.
What is the Best Way to Measure Instagram?
- You need a business account to measure your analytics, which requires you to have a Facebook Page. Go to the profile on mobile, click the hamburger menu at the top right, access your Activity, Content and Audience sections.
- The Activity section provides measurements of interactions, profile visits, reach and impressions. The Content section is the number of posts you’ve done for the week. The Audience section is the number of followers, top location, age range, gender, days and hours they’re online.
What is the Best Way to Measure Your Website Using Google Analytics?
- Access your Google Analytics dashboard which provides a ton of data. And it’s free!
- The social media dashboard tells you how many people visited your site through different social media platforms, which can help you figure out which campaign is working the best to drive people to your website.
- The Unique Users tracks how many people come to your website uniquely, only counting them once even if they visit multiple times.
- Goal Completions allows you to set goals and Google Analytics will keep track of how many goals were completed.
- The Returning Visitor Rate is an engagement rate and shows you how many people visit your site over and over again.
Tools, apps and links mentioned:
Be sure to listen to the episode to hear about other tools we use to measure social media and explore the links below for more of the Best Social Media Analysis Tools.
How to reach Kami:
If you’d like to learn more about Kami Huyse, visit her website at www.zoeticamedia.com. You can contact her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet to @kamichat.
How to reach Madalyn:
If you’d like to learn more about Madalyn Sklar, visit her website at www.madalynsklar.com. You can contact her by email at email@example.com or tweet to @MadalynSklar.
Join Our Community
We have a new community on Facebook. We will extend the conversation from each episode and deliver bonus content. Sign up for our email list at http://bit.ly/CTCVIP to get an invitation to join or just click the “Join Our Free Community” below to head straight to Facebook (shhh. The codeword is ACTION)!