Getting the Most Out of Participating in a Community — Ep 4
In this episode, we discuss how to be a good community member. We break it down, talking about how to participate and be part of a community, the benefits and some do’s and don’ts.
- Jump into a community, introduce yourself and familiarize yourself with group rules.
- Benefits of joining groups: making friends, building relationships, training, courses and market research.
- Facebook is the most popular for groups, but there’s also Facebook Messenger, Slack, LinkedIn and Twitter DM.
- Do’s of participating in a community: Show up and be consistent, volunteer, create opportunities for yourself, have community mindset and network.
- Don’ts of participating in a community: Don’t hard-sell, promote, hijack threads, or troll.
Links, Tools & Apps Mentioned in this Episode:
- Facebook Messenger
- Twitter DM
- If This Then That (IFTTT)
- For Immediate Release Podcast
- Growth Hacks for Women
- Create if Writing (Kirsten Oliphant)
- The 90 Day Year (Todd Herman)
- Social Media Mastermind
- She Podcasts
- Twitter Smarter Masterclass
- Power Up Podcasting (Pat Flynn)
- Lee Odden
Your call-to-action for this episode is to pick a group, join it and be a helper — help one person every day for an entire week. Go to CommunitiesThatConvert.com to connect! And be sure to reach out to us below.