Target Market Strategies That Sell Themselves – Ep 54
Learn how to create target market strategies that sell themselves and help to build your online community. Learn to define your offerings and find the pain points of your community so you can create products and services that sell themselves.
Strategy One: Define your offerings by asking yourself these questions:
- Who do you want to serve?
- What do you want to do to help them?
- Who do you like to work with the most?
- What are the biggest pain points of those you help?
Strategy Two: Solve the problems of your community by identifying and solving their pain points
- Eavesdrop and listen to people inside your niche.
- Focus on posts and responses in Facebook groups where your niche is active.
- Get feedback by conducting polls and surveys in social media and with current or potential clients.
- Send a direct message or email to someone in your target audience and ask them directly.
- Make phone calls to people to ask how you can help.
- Create an “ask me anything” session and open up the conversation to people through a post, livestream or Instagram Live.
- Ask for testimonials when your customers happy and pay attention to where people say they got the most value. Then provide more of that service.
Once you have a better idea of your ideal community member, you can start to test promo copy, email, visuals and video and other tactical elements when you know what motivates them.
Once you know what your community needs you can create products and services that will sell themselves.
Tools, links and apps mentioned:
Create a “help statement” which clearly states how you can serve your market. Fill in the blanks on this sentence:
I help (your target market) get (tangible benefit). Share it with us in the Facebook group or on Twitter with the hashtag #CTCPodcast.
- Kami’s Help Statement: I help brands and entrepreneurs build a meaningful online community and brand awareness to drive measurable results.
- Madalyn’s Help Statement: I help marketers achieve rockstar results with their social media, especially Twitter, and I inspire them to take action.
How to reach Kami:
How to reach Madalyn:
Join Our Community
We have a new community on Facebook. We will extend the conversation from each episode and deliver bonus content. Sign up for our email list at http://bit.ly/CTCVIP to get an invitation to join or just click the “Join Our Free Community” below to head straight to Facebook (shhh. The codeword is ACTION)!