7 Examples of Calls to Action for Social Media – Ep 75
Learn our 7 favorite examples of how to use calls to action in your social media to build your community faster and get better results.
A call to action is meant to get someone to do something, getting them to act or to encourage engagement. Keep reading for some of our favorites.
7 Examples of How to Use a Call to Action:
- Capture emails with lead magnets and free gifts. Offer valuable content. The free ebook is overplayed. Think about something else you can do that’s short, concise and offers useable information, like a checklist or a worksheet.
- Ask questions in an email or on social media. This is a good way to ask for engagement and also good for research to know what people want and what kind of content you need to create next. Plus it gets people in the habit of talking with you.
- Livestream video. Video is powerful, especially on Facebook. If people watch your video and you do Facebook ads, you can re-target to people that watched your video.
- Get people to visit your website. Add pixels to your website and re-target those people. Get people to take action on your website.
- Donate or volunteer for a cause. Get people to donate to a cause you support and take action to give back.
- Watch a webinar. Put together a webinar full of amazing content, not just a sales pitch, and ask people to watch it. Help people, give value, then offer additional information without a hard sales pitch. Teach, don’t tease.
- Get someone to buy. If you know who your customer is, you can make a well-targeted offer directly to them.
Calls to Action on Twitter
Add a call to action to your tweets using Twitter Media Studio. In addition to your tweet and image, you can bold the headline and description – the metadata. This is a way to have extra information stored in the media. For a call to action, use a link to wherever you want to send someone.
Calls to Action on Facebook
Facebook has a call to action feature if you have a business account, but it’s free to use. Using the manager, you post your content and metadata, schedule and publish. This tool provides you with an automated system to get people to take action.
Calls to Action on Instagram
Instagram requires an ad in order to do a call to action. We interviewed Tyler J. McCall in Episode 68 to and he talked about how he uses Direct Messages on Instagram to connect with people.
How to Measure Your Results
To learn how to measure the effectiveness of your calls to action in social media, you can take a look at Kami’s 5 A’s of Social Media Measurement.
- Activity. This measure is all about what YOU do.
- Attention. This measure is all about reach or “opportunities to see.”
- Awareness. This measure is all about engagement with you.
- Attitudes. This measure is all about a conversation about you.
- Actions. This measure is all about what they actually do.
Tools, apps, and links mentioned:
- The Hirsh Marketing Underground Podcast
- How to Build an Evergreen Funnel and Capture Leads with Lindsey at HelloBar – Ep 74
- How to Create a Sales Funnel to Grow Your Community – Ep 55
- The Growth Suite
- How to add embedded call-to-action buttons to your Facebook posts without ads
- Strategies for Staying Connected Through Social Media with Tyler J. McCall – Ep 68
- Kami’s 5 A’s of Social Media Measurement
- Communities That Convert Facebook Group
Twitter Media Studio
What was the one ah-ha that you got from this episode about how to measure your social media effort? What did we miss that you think people should know? Comment on the post and come join us in the Facebook group to see what others are saying. The secret word in the Facebook Group is “Action.”
How to reach Kami:
If you’d like to learn more about Kami Huyse, visit her website at www.zoeticamedia.com. You can contact her by email at email@example.com or tweet to @kamichat.
How to reach Madalyn:
If you’d like to learn more about Madalyn Sklar, visit her website at www.madalynsklar.com. You can contact her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet to @MadalynSklar.
Join Our Community
We have a new community on Facebook. We will extend the conversation from each episode and deliver bonus content. Sign up for our email list at http://bit.ly/CTCVIP to get an invitation to join or just click the “Join Our Free Community” below to head straight to Facebook (shhh. The codeword is ACTION)!